1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck – QB – Stanford
Manning gone…this is a done deal.
2. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III – QB – Baylor
No pressure RGIII…
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil – OT – USC
Ponder will enjoy the added protection.
4. Cleveland Browns: Ryan Tannehill – QB – Texas A&M
As a Bengals fan….this pick will be really good….or really bad?!. Not a very popular pick with Browns fans, but a team needs to start somewhere.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Trent Richardson – RB – Alabama
Blount + Richardson = very punishing running game, this pick is a no-brainer.
6. St. Louis Rams: Morris Claiborne – CB – LSU
The Rams will take the best cornerback on the board.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Melvin Ingram – DE – South Carolina
With Luck potentially in your division….the Jag’s are going to need some kind of a pass rush.
8. Miami Dolphins: Justin Blackmon – WR – Oklahoma State
9. Carolina Panthers: Michael Brockers – DL – LSU
Simple, the Panthers take the best Def player on the board.
10. Buffalo Bills: Michael Floyd – WR – Notre Dame
Fitzpatrick is a keeper, time to get him some weapons.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Dontari Poe – DL – Memphis
Big NT, fills a big need.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly – LB – Boston College
Now that a QB is not needed, the Seahawks refocus on Def.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff – OT – Iowa
Before the Cardinals get another wide out….they might want to buy the QB a little longer in the pocket.
14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron – SS – Alabama
Dallas needs a new face to blame for the struggling pass defense.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Quinton Coples – DL – North Carolina
Negative buzz around a player, I think he will fit right in.
16. New York Jets: Courtney Upshaw – DE/OLB – Alabama
Calling a blitz every down has to get tiring at some point… this might help Rex out.
17. Cincinnati Bengals: David DeCastro – G – Stanford
Give the Law-firm a new foundation.
18. San Diego Chargers: Fletcher Cox – DL – Mississippi State
The Chargers need a pass rush.
19. Chicago Bears: Kendall Wright – WR – Baylor
With the focus on Marshall, why not have a strong second to have the D worry about as well.
20. Tennessee Titans: Cordy Glenn – G – Georgia
With all the money going to Chris Johnson, they need to continue making moves to see that investment succeed.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick – CB – Alabama
Added depth in the secondary, two free agents + Kirkpatrick.
22. Cleveland Browns: Mike Adams – OL – Ohio State
Really, really starting over.
23. Detroit Lions: Janoris Jenkins – DB – North Alabama
Just a bad PR move, but the fans will love it. Detroit Raiders…
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Peter Konz – G – Wisconsin
When is Pittsburgh going to develop their protection for Big Ben, keep him healthy and the Steelers win.
25. Denver Broncos: Jerel Worthy – DT – Michigan State
With Miller and Dumveril the pass rush is great, now a weapon to stop the run up the middle.
26. Houston Texans: Jonathan Martin – OT – Stanford
Need to address the RT somehow.
27. New England Patriots: Whitney Mercilus – DE/OLB – Illinois
Fits in to Belichicks Defensive scheme.
28. Green Bay Packers: Andre Branch – DL – Clemson
The Packers should take one of the top players on the board that fits the biggest need.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont’a Hightower – ILB – Alabama
Ray Lewis’ successor
30. San Francisco 49ers: Lavonte David – LB – Nebraska
Improving their already dominate defense from this last year.
31. New England Patriots: Harrison Smith – DB – Notre Dame
The Patriots secondary needs some help.
32. New York Giants: Coby Fleener – TE – Stanford
Giants steal the best TE off the board.