1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck – QB – Stanford
The official winners of the Suck for Luck contest. With Manning’s future still unknown, the Colts would be foolish not to draft Luck. IF they don’t take him here, I see them trading back for a huge gain (Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, Seahawks, ect….)
2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil – OT – USC
Bradford needs some help…the Rams will need to add some weapons with later picks.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Justin Blackmon – WR – Oklahoma State
Eight catches for 186 yards and three touchdowns in his last college game, Ponder will be pleased with this addition.
4. Cleveland Browns: Morris Claiborne – CB – LSU
Haden and Claiborne….looks like teams will have to run the ball on Cleveland for years. I don’t see this organization giving up on McCoy just yet.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dre Kirkpatrick – CB – Alabama
The Buc’s will take the best cornerback on the board, if Claiborne doesn’t fall Kirkpatrick will.
6. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III – QB – Baylor
If the Redskins can get Griffin at #6 without trading away any picks to move up, its a happy day in Washington.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples – DE – North Carolina
With Luck potentially in your division….the Jag’s are going to need some kind of a pass rush.
8. Miami Dolphins: Landry Jones – QB – Oklahoma
*This Mock was submitted before Landry Jones went back to school.
Could we see the Dolphins change their first round draft luck around…? If Miami doesn’t make a big move to get Luck or Griffin, Jones will be their QB of the future.
9. Carolina Panthers: Brandon Thompson – DT – Clemson
With the top two corners already taken, the Panthers take the best Def player on the board.
10. Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Martin – OT – Stanford
Buffalo has spent money in the past to protect Fitzpatrick, this pick is a no brainer.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Trent Richardson – RB – Alabama
The Chiefs were worried about Charles last year, now he is coming back after an ACL tear. Trent gives the Chiefs a power running offence.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill – QB – Texas A&M
The Vikings proved with Ponder, that teams will reach for a QB when they need one… that happens here.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff – OT – Iowa
Before the Cardinals get another wide out….they might want to buy the QB a little longer in the pocket.
14. Dallas Cowboys: David DeCastro – G – Stanford
Dallas needs help at any of the three interior positions, this is a good start.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Floyd – WR – Notre Dame
Without Jackson this pick makes perfect sense. With Jackson this pick still makes sense, however it will be subject to change.
16. New York Jets: Courtney Upshaw – DE/OLB – Alabama
Calling a blitz every down has to get tiring at some point… this might help Rex out.
17. Cincinnati Bengals: Janoris Jenkins – CB – North Alabama
With Jenkins legal history, it only makes sense to add stripes to his sleeves.
18. San Diego Chargers: Nick Perry – DE/OLB – USC
The Chargers need a pass rush.
19. Chicago Bears: Alshon Jeffery – WR – South Carolina
Give Cutler some help already.
20. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz – C – Wisconsin
With all the money going to Chris Johnson, they need to continue making moves to see that investment succeed.
21. Denver Broncos: Devon Still – DT – Penn State
With Miller and Dumveril the pass rush is great, now a weapon to stop the run up the middle.
22. Cincinnati Bengals: Cordy Glenn – G – Georgia
Glenn fits into the Bengals blocking system, enough said.
23. Cleveland Browns: Kendall Wright – WR – Baylor
Greg Little, Kendall Wright, now McCoy has a few options.
24. Detroit Lions: Mike Brewster – C – Ohio State
Lions need to protect their 5,000 yard passer.
25. New York Giants: Lamar Miller – RB – Miami
Jacobs most likely won’t be back for the Giants next year and Bradshaw has yet to prove he can take the full workload.
26. Houston Texans: Alfonzo Dennard – CB – Nebraska
Johnathan Joseph could use the help.
27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Barrett Jones – OT – Alabama
When is Pittsburgh going to develop their protection for Big Ben. Jones is a good start.
28. San Francisco 49ers: Zach Brown – OLB – North Carolina
Improving their already dominate defense from this last year.
29. Baltimore Ravens: Dont’a Hightower – ILB – Alabama
Ray Lewis’ successor
30. New England Patriots: Whitney Mercilus – DE/OLB – Illinois
Fits in to Belichicks Defensive scheme.
31. New England Patriots: Mark Barron – SS – Alabama
The Patriots secondary needs some help.
32. Green Bay Packers: Jerel Worthy – DE/DT – Michigan State
The Packers should take one of the top players on the board that fits the biggest need.