1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton – QB
(Actual Pick: Cam Newton)
Newton had 4,051 yards, 21 TDs and 17 ints. He also shows promise, with more upside.
2. Denver Broncos: Von Miller – LB
(Actual Pick: Von Miller)
His 11.5 sacks are second to Aldon Smith, but he has more tackles and became a leader for the Broncos
3. Buffalo Bills: Andy Dalton – QB
(Actual Pick: Marcell Dareus)
Dalton lead the Bengals to the playoffs, with 3,398 yards passing, 20 TDs and only 13 picks.
4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green – WR
(Actual Pick: A.J. Green)
AJ lead all rookie WRs in Receptions, yards and was second in TDs. 65 – 1,057 – 7tds.
5. Arizona Cardinals: Aldon Smith – LB
(Actual Pick: Patrick Peterson)
A sack artist, the Cardinals has a hard time getting pressure… Joey Porter. Aldon’s 14 sacks would have helped
6. Atlanta Falcons: Julio Jones – WR
(Actual Pick: Julio Jones)
They traded up for him, I can’t give them someone different, he had 8 touchdowns and did give them some speed.
7. San Fransisco 49ers: Patrick Peterson – CB
(Actual Pick: Aldon Smith)
While they might not need his kick returning skills, he has all the making of a shutdown corner.
8. Tennessee Titans: Marcell Dareus – DT
(Actual Pick: Jake Locker)
The Titans defense has been searching for Haynesworth’s replacement.
9. Dallas Cowboys: Nate Solder – OT
(Actual Pick: Tyron Smith)
The Cowboys take the other tackle in the first round.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jake Locker – QB
(Actual Pick: Blaine Gabbert)
A scary pick, since he only had 66 pass attempts, but his 4-0 TD to INT ratio, and is 99.4 QB rating shows alot of potential.
11. Houston Texans: Jabaal Sheard – DE
(Actual Pick: JJ Watt)
The second round pick had 8.5 sacks and that was on a weak browns team, imagine what he would have done in Houston
12. Minnesota Vikings: Christian Ponder – QB
(Actual Pick: Christian Ponder)
The ruling is still out, but his 13-13 ratio, and 1,853 passing yards, he showed some promise in a bad situation.
13. Detroit Lions: DeMarco Murry – RB
(Actual Pick: Nick Fairley)
Best is always hurt, and they took Leshourse in round two, so a RB was a concern
14. St. Louis Rams: Tyron Smith – OT
(Actual Pick: Robert Quinn)
Someone has to protect Bradford
15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey – C
(Actual Pick: Mike Pouncey)
Not sexy, but he played well enough to anchor the line. Top players don’t fill any other needs.
16. Washington Redskins: Ryan Kerrigan – LB
(Actual Pick: Ryan Kerrigan)
7.5 sacks and a INT returned for a TD, Kerrigan looks to be a good player for years to come.
(Actual Pick: Nate Solder)
The Patriots forgot to get any form of a pass rusher, Clayborn’s 7.5 sacks would have done it.
18. San Diego Chargers: Phil Taylor – DT
(Actual Pick: Corey Liuget)
Not a sexy pick, but Taylor is more powerful and would give the Chargers a strong run defense.
19. New York Giants: Prince Amukamara – CB
(Actual Pick: Prince Amukamara)
Injury cut his season, but his late season show potential to develop into their best corner.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Torry Smith – WR
(Actual Pick: Adrian Clayborn)
Tampa’s Offense was slow, and Torry’s 16.8 average give opponents saftey’s a moments pause.
21. Cleveland Browns: Nick Fairly – DT
(Actual Pick: Phil Taylor)
Lots of potential, but injuries hurt his draft stock.
22. Indianapolis Colts: Blaine Gabbert – QB
(Actual Pick: Anthony Castonzo)
He didn’t have a good rookie year, but if your going have a wasted season make sure your developing a young QB, not Painter.
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Anthony Castonzo – OT
(Actual Pick: Danny Watkins)
They don’t like to take Oline early, but they need to.
24. New Orleans Saints: J.J. Watt – DE
(Actual Pick: Cameron Jordan)
While not a great season, Watt had 5.5 sacks and nearly 50 tackles.
25. Seattle Seahawks: Stefen Wisniewski – G
(Actual Pick: James Carpenter)
Carpenter isn’t bad, but Wisniewski has been a major reason the Raider can run the ball.
26. Kansas City Chiefs: Derek Sherrod – OT
(Actual Pick: Jonathan Baldwin)
He has upside, and the Chiefs still have tackle problems
27. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmy Smith – CB
(Actual Pick: Jimmy Smith)
Injured most of the year, but seams like a perfect fit for the Ravens D
28. New Orleans Saints: Mark Ingram – RB
(Actual Pick: Mark Ingram)
I wanted to go Helu, but Ingram’s stats/injuries aside he has some potential.
29. Chicago Bears: Greg Little – WR
(Actual Pick: Gabe Carimi)
A real WR! wow! Did you see Cutler jump for joy!? I did.
30. New York Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson – DE
(Actual Pick: Muhammad Wilkerson)
As the year went on he took more snaps, looks like a solid player for the Jets for years.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Danny Watkins – G
(Actual Pick: Cameron Heyward)
Continuing to build a online to keep Big Ben up.
32. Green Bay Packers: Akeem Aykers – LB
(Actual Pick: Derek Sherrod)
A solid strong player on the opposite side of Clay Mathews.