- By Mac
Too early for a 2016 NFL Mock Draft? OF COURSE NOT!
All of these are done with a RANDOM DRAFT ORDER
You never know what will happen, who had Peyton getting hurt and the Colts being the #1 overall pick in 2012? No one… plus with this it’s fun to see what would have to happen for teams to succeeded or fail.
You can see my thoughts on the 2015 Draft Review right here
Don’t forget to check out my on 10 Rules NFL GMs Should Follow
Enough already! Let’s Draft…. remember Random Order!
1. Arizona Cardinals: Cardale Jones – QB – Ohio State
If Arizona is pick 1, then Carson got hurt again, and they have to take a QB.
2. Oakland Raiders: Joey Bosa – DT – Ohio State
Raiders atop the draft again? Guess their defense couldn’t stop anyone.
3. St. Louis Rams: Christian Hackenberg – QB – Penn State
If the Rams are picking this high again, they have to go QB. Foles obviously failed.
4. Kansas City Chiefs: Laremy Tunsil – OT – Ole Miss
The chiefs could have taken Oline this season. If their picking top 5 they will.
5. Carolina Panthers: Laquon Treadwell – WR – Ole Miss
This season obviously fell apart, I think the defense is still good so more weapons for Cam.
How can a team with Megatron be this high again? Must be that defense.
7. Baltimore Ravens: Robert Nkemdiche – DE – Ole Miss
Continue to retool their defense.
8. Tennessee Titans: Tyler Boyd – WR – Pittsburgh
Not a great season for Mariota, so they draft Boyd to give him some help.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Jalen Ramsey – S – Florida State
I’m assuming Dalton got hurt and that’s why their picking here.
10. Atlanta Falcons: Ezekiel Elliott – RB – Ohio State
I’m sure their picking in the top 10 because of defense, but Elliott is just perfect here.
11. New York Jets: Connor Cook – QB – Michigan State
Jets obviously go QB if there is one available.
12. Miami Dolphins: Myles Jack – LB – UCLA
NO! Dolphins at 12… the defense needs a new middle linebacker
13. Houston Texans: Jared Goff – QB – California
Until they get a QB what else matters?
14. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kendall Fuller – CB – Virginia Tech
I can’t remember the last time the Steelers went CB in round 1
15. New England Patriots: Duke Williams – WR – Auburn
Wow! Super bowl hangover? or is Brady done? I’m going with hangover.
16. Seattle Seahawks: Ronnie Stanley – OT – Notre Dame
Seahawks also fall to mid round, retooling their line continues.
17. Philadelphia Eagles: Shilique Calhoun – DE/OLB – Michigan State
I’m assuming their offense is still good, just need help on defense
18. Chicago Bears: A’Shawn Robinson – DE/DT – Alabama
The Bears had a solid year, I guess Cutler didn’t bring the end of the world.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derrick Henry – RB – Alabama
Wow, Winston wins rookie of the year! Now they get a back to help take the pressure off.
20. Denver Broncos: Su’a Cravens – S – USC
Elway is building a serious Defense… he always go D in the first round.
21. Buffalo Bills: Spencer Drango – OT – Baylor
Buffalo has a nice season, they continue to build up that line.
22. San Francisco 49ers: Eddie Jackson – CB – Alabama
49ers above the Seahawks… wow. Guess Capernick is in the probowl.
23. Green Bay Packers: O.J. Howard – TE – Alabama
Packers haven’t had a good TE in a awhile
24. Indianapolis Colts: Chris Jones – DE/DT – Mississippi State
A Bit of a reach, but they need run stuffers
25. Minnesota Vikings: Jaylon Smith – LB – Notre Dame
Bridgewatter has a big season, just upgrading the D
26. Cleveland Browns: Zack Sanchez – CB – Oklahoma
Wow. I forgot about the Browns, guess Manziel did well. I love random draft order.
27. New York Giants: Scobby Wright – DE/OLB – Arizona
Nice season by Gmen, so they get more passrush.
28. Washington Redskins: Nate Andrews – S – Florida State
RG3 is alive and well is this random draft order!
29. San Diego Chargers: Shawn Oakman – DE/DT – Baylor
Chargers loose in the AFC Championship… how fun.
30. New Orleans Saints: Darron Lee – DE/OLB – Ohio State
Saints resurge also, just miss superbowl.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars: Carl Lawson – DE/OLB – Auburn
Hahahaha! yeah right! So Bortles becomes a stud! They still need an OLB.
32. Dallas Cowboys: DeForest Buckner – DE/DT – Oregon
Oh Puke… Romo MVP? McFadden leads the league in rushing…
There you have it, my RANDOM ORDER 2016 Mock draft. I’ll do another one soon!