So let’s break down my big board…. I’m going to sort them by position and then place a ‘projected round’ grade…. I’m not going to do kickers or punters, cause… well who cares. Today lets go with the Defensive Ends!
Overall everyone wants pass rushers, but each of these have a question. There is no Von Miller in this year’s draft.
1. Quinton Coples – DE – North Carolina (Top 10) – There are concerns, he didn’t have as good of a senior year as a junior… but his talent is Julius Peppers type.
2. Melvin Ingram – DE – South Carolina (Top 20) – Quickly becoming one of my favorites, he may even go ahead of Coples.
3. Whitney Mercilus – DE – Illinois (1st Round) – Lead the NCAA in sacks, is he a one year wonder? JPP was also.
4. Vinny Curry – DE/OLB – Marshall (1st – 2nd Round) – A under rated prospect, he should be a productive player for a team, not elite.
5. Andre Branch – DE – Clemson (1st – 2nd Round) – A solid player who had a very good senior year.