So let’s break down my big board…. I’m going to sort them by position and then place a ‘projected round’ grade…. I’m not going to do kickers or punters, cause… well who cares. Today lets go with the Guards!
Overall a strong interior class, DeCastro is a instant starter and maybe probowler. But the rest should start right away.
1. David DeCastro – G – Stanford (Top 10) – A Guard in the top 10? Yes, I love this guy and he should be the next Larry Allen or Steve Hutchinson.
2. Cordy Glenn – G – Georgia (Top 20) – Had a very impressive combine, some think he could even play tackle… this is a big man.
3. Kelechi Osemele – G – Iowa State (2nd Round) – I see a guard, some see tackle, but inside he could be a very strong player for years.
4. Kevin Zeitler – G – Wisconsin (2nd Round) – I love Wisconsin linemen, and Zeitler is no different. I’m higher on him than most.
5. Ryan Miller – G – Colorado (2nd-3rd Round) – Limited a bit physically, but he was teamed up with Nate Solder and I think can hold his own.