So let’s break down my big board…. I’m going to sort them by position and then place a ‘projected round’ grade…. I’m not going to do kickers or punters, cause… well who cares. Today lets go with the outside linebackers!
Overall every year seams like there are many passrushers, but only a few actually show up at the NFL. Upshaw and Perry both scare me, but show top end talent. Brown’s athletic ability is great, but how is a LB not considered tough?
1. Courtney Upshaw – OLB – Alabama (Top 20) – He dominated the senior bowl, and shows great skills all around. Could be Larry English or Aldon Smith.
2. Nick Perry – OLB – USC (1st Rounds) – Came on late in the NCAA season. Many people are on the bandwagon, I’m not yet….
3. Zach Brown – LB – North Carolina (1st – 2nd Round) – Toughness is a concern, talent is not… he can cover anyone.
4. Ronnell Lewis – OLB/DE – Oklahoma (1st – 2nd Round) – Nothing really special here, but a very solid player who can do it all well.
5. Lavonte David – OLB – Nebraska (2nd Round) – A tackling machine who will probably be undervalued on draft day.