So let’s break down my big board…. I’m going to sort them by position and then place a ‘projected round’ grade…. I’m not going to do kickers or punters, cause… well who cares. Today lets go with the Running Backs!
Overall with the NFL not using RB’s as it once has, the value has dropped…. but not the talent. These kids can play.
1. Trent Richardson – RB – Alabama (Top 5) – Not the next AP, but he’s much better than any RB we’ve seen in awhile.
2. Doug Martin – RB – Boise St. (1st – 2nd Round) – I loved his combine, he can run, and he’s big…. I think he will start
3. Lamar Miller – RB – Miami (1st – 2nd Round) – Also had a good combine, the battle for the #2 back is still up in the air.
4. David Wilson – RB – Virginia Tech (2nd Round) – He’s another talented player, but not as top end.
5. Isaiah Pead – RB – Cincinnati (2nd – 3rd Round) – Had a monster Senior bowl, and a good combine… plus he has return abilites