1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Do I have to explain?
2. Washington Redskins from StL: Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
The Skins have sold the farm to have an opportunity at RG3!
3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil OT USC
This pick is difficult to ponder, given Minnesota’s pick last year; however, it seems an lineman is the right choice.
4. Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St.
The Browns need so much at offense, but the question is who will be more helpful to the offense: Blackmon or Richardson. I think Blackmon is more important, providing McCoy with a #1 receiver, and having Greg Little as a solid #2
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne CB LSU
Ronde Barber is getting old and who knows what’s happening with Talib; a top young corner is exactly what they need.
6. St. Louis Rams from Was: Riley Reiff OT Iowa
The Rams need offensive lineman more than anything else, Riley Reiff is a bit of a reach, but he is the best lineman available and Steven Jackson is still running strong, so I don’t see Richardson being the pick here.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
Ingram is the best pass rusher in the draft, exactly what the Jaguars need.
8. Miami Dolphins: Trent Richardson RB Alabama
The Dolphins love their running backs, not sure what else I need to say here. (at least it’s not Ted Ginn, Jr.)
9. Carolina Panthers: Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St.
The Panthers need upgrades on defense and Cox will help tremendously.
10. Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
Bills need an Offensive Tackle, Martin will be the best bet to fulfill that need.
11. Kansas City Chiefs: Ryann Tannehill QB Texas A&M
The Chiefs need a franchise QB, and Tannehill can be that guy.
12. Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College
The Seahawks need help on defense and Kuechly is easily the best defensive player still available.
13. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Adams OT Ohio State
The Cardinals need help on the offensive line and Adams is their man.
14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron SS Alabama
the secondary needs drastic help; while a corner would be ideal, Mark Barron will help the secondary tremendously.
15. Philadelphia Eagles: Dontari Poe DT Memphis
Eagles need some defensive plugs.
16. New York Jets: Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
Best defensive player available and Coples will help improve the pass rush.
17. Cincinnati Bengals from Oak: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
A trouble-maker who is a play maker, nothing better for the Bengals than that. And the need at CB is filled.
18. San Diego Chargers: David DeCastro G Stanford
Rivers can finally get a little protection with the best guard in the draft.
19. Chicago Bears: Peter Konz C Wisconsin
Garza can take a guard position and Konz will snap. All of the sudden with a bit of a line and Brandon Marshall to throw to, the Bears could keep pace with the Lions and Packers offensively.
20. Tennessee Titans: Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
Gilmore can provided help to the secondary, helping shore up some of the defensive gaps.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
If Floyd is still available here, the Bengals can’t pass him up; additionally, they will have a deadly aerial attack with A.J. Green and Jermaine Gresham.
22. Cleveland Browns from Atl: Cordy Glenn OT Georgia
Glenn will be able to fill in at the Right Tackle position for the Browns, shoring up the O-line.
23. Detroit Lions: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
Sure Janoris has his problems, but he will be a steal for the Lions, as he might be as talented as Claiborne on the field. He just needs to avoid issues of the field and he will be the answer to the Lions defensive prayers.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Michael Brockers DT LSU
While the Steelers do need help on the offensive line, there is nobody worth spending this pick on; therefore, they can use Brockers as to plug the middle of the defense.
25. Denver Broncos: Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
A much needed improvement at the tackle position.
26. Houston Texans: Kendall Wright WR Baylor
The passing attack keeps getting better…
27. New England Patriots from NO: Nick Perry DE USC
Get after the opposing QBs
28. Green Bay Packers: Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois
Someone to help Matthews on the pass rush is drastically needed…Mercilus is the man!
29. Baltimore Ravens: Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
A WR to go with Anquan Boldin might give Flacco more options and make him a more viable and successful playoff quarterback.
30. San Francisco 49ers: Zebrie Sanders OT Florida St.
I realize I am higher on Sanders than most, as I had him going to the Bears in my previous mock, but I like Sanders and I think he’ll be a good fit for the 49ers and help significantly with the O-line problems
31. New England Patriots: Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
32. New York Giants: Dont’a Hightower ILB Alabama
This will improve the interior of the Giants defense to go along with the amazing pass rush of the Giants.